Tuesday, July 22, 2008

7/22 update from Coren!


Hello everyone! Things are great here in England. Today has been the warmest day yet. And you know what that means? MURRY GOT A BATH! That is a big deal. At least to me (and probably Rebecca). His tail is white. His fur is white. I feel like that is worth ten points.


Not too much has happened around here. Yes, I made it to the pub. But on a different night. A big group of us went out together the following night. Started at a pub and kept working our way up. Finally we all ended up dancing at a "night club" (I use this term lightly). It was pretty fun though. I met a nice looking group of steeplechase jockeys from Ireland. These were some good looking guys! Because of the loud music and their accents there was a lack of "talking". Dancing was fine by me! When you bring a group of 8 or 9 girls into a town as small as this, you make an impact. I think we all had a very good time!


The horses are all looking fantastic. They have done some more dressage and jumping. Laura Kraut flew over yesterday to help everyone with their jumping.She focused a lot on a simple exercise that really helped the horses to be more careful. I found it very interesting and can't wait to try it on my own horse! Murry is doing great. His jumping is looking awesome and I have never seen him point his toes so much on the flat. I think it is safe to say that Bonnie is VERY pleased with where he is at.


The other U.S. team members arrived here on Monday. Karen O'Connor and Mandiba, Amy Tryon with Poggio and Gina Miles and McKinley. Everyone seems to get along great!


The quarantine is now official. It does not all make sense to me but I'm trying to follow the rules.


Tomorrow the horses will gallop. Should be a good one as the footing is still just as perfect as it was before! Man this country is amazing.As I said before, I do not want to leave England. The horses are awesome. The countryside is amazing. Footing is perfect. And its not hot! So again, I make my request, someone PLEASE send me Ollie.


Hope all is well in the states,


Coren

No comments: